Monday, May 6, 2013

Your measurements?

What's your inbox look like? I know there are a few of you who keep your email inbox so clean that there are only 7 items in it (like, maybe, 4 people), but most of us are functioning in data overload. I use the term functioning loosely. Years ago, maybe decades, business activity and growth was sometimes measured by telephone-lines-in-use. Marketers, naturally, love having one more piece of data to work with. And, now -- pffft. Some of our clients don't even have telephones at employees' desks, just computers and mobile phones.

But I've got a new way to measure business activity: my email inbox. Really, it's too embarrassing to share absolute numbers, but let me say that my inbox is now double what it was a year ago. And, we are very busy, recruiting for web experience pros, writers, account managers, designers, etc. No matter how hard I try, or how much of my weekend I devote to it, I can't beat my inbox back to where it was.

Guess that's the good news (and thank heaven for global search)!

No comments:

Post a Comment